Student Matthew Chilvers' great sporting year
Posted: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 14:02
Matthew Chilvers an RNIB College Loughborough and Loughborough College student, has been awarded Disabled Junior Sportsman of the Year in his local borough. Matthew is a tennis player, playing most weekdays and weekends. He has gone from strength to strength over the year, going from representing East Midlands for the first time to being selected for his first international event.
In the last year he has:
- Won Gold in both singles and doubles at the National Learning Disabilities Tennis Championships
- Won the Special Disabilities Award presented by Tennis Leicestershire
- Won Gold in singles and Bronze in doubles at the Nottingham Learning Disabilities Tennis Championships
- Represented the East Midlands and won Silver in singles and Gold in doubles at the Special Olympic National Games in Bath
- Been selected for his first international Special Olympic Competition, the European SOL Tennis Championships in Luxembourg, returning with a Gold medal.
This is a fantastic achievement and we wish Matthew all the best for continued success.